At Advomi, we have designed 4 action steps which when executed guarantee compliance with GDPR for the majority of businesses in Singapore. Here they are:
1. Provide the necessary information to your users and customers
- Be transparent about your identity and your activities regarding the processing of personal data.
- Explain thoroughly to the data subjects how you process their data and how they can exercise their rights.
2. Ensure you have the legal grounds for the processing of personal information
- Properly receive consent from data subjects.
- Know the legal acts under which you are entitled to process the data.
- Have written contracts under which you process the data.
3. Make it easy for data subject to exercise their rights under GDPR
- Ensure you can accept signals and requests from users.
- Adopt a policy to answer user requests in 72 hours.
- Be ready to satisfy requests within reasonable terms.
4. Implement legal and technical measures for data protection
- Adopt the necessary legal documents for internal use in your business.
- Include the necessary data protection clauses in your contracts and terms of service.
- Design encryption and anonymization algorithms.
Want to learn more about data protection regulation in Singapore? Check out these useful articles:
- What is GDPR?
- How Does the GDPR Compare To the Singapore PDPA?
- How to Apply GDPR in Your Business in Singapore?
- How Did the Different Companies in the EU Implement the New Data Protection Regulation?
- How Did the GDPR Compliance Evolved Since May 2019?
- How Will the Data Protection Rules Evolve in The Near Future?
- Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Part 1
- Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Article 1B
- Amendments to the Data Privacy Laws (Personal Data Protection Act 2012) in Singapore