Covid-19 Legal Assistance
With the increasing risk of spreading of the COVID-19 virus, Singapore adopted temporary measures through the COVID-19 Act on April 7, 2020 to battle the health and economic effects of the pandemic. Some of the measures include:
- A relief from inability to perform contractual obligations that are to be performed on or after February 1, 2020;
- Amendments to bankruptcy and insolvency laws;
- Restrictions to the conduct of meetings;
Apart from the legal measures that have to considered by businesses, some companies are also facing severe drops In revenue and even solvency issues. Rescheduling of debts and dismissal of employees have now become common practices in the country.
If you need legal aid or advice regarding the COVID-19 situation in Singapore, we are here to assist you with the following:
- Agreements for rescheduling. extending or restructuring of debt;
- Consultancy on the relief of inability to perform contracts;
- Collection of receivables through legally available options;
- Dismissal of employees or renegotiation of employment agreements;
- Force Majeure contractual issues.
- Inability to fulfill contractual obligations for leases, construction and supply, tourism-related and conditional sales agreements.
Our lawyers can also help you apply for the job support scheme in Singapore under which businesses are entitled to recieve up to 75% of gross monthly salary for each local employee from the government. We can also assist you with sector-specific measures in the country for the following areas:
- Land Transport
- Art & Culture
Tell us about your legal matter
and get a free quote within one business day
we offer flat-fee services only